A few minutes after the team flies away, another ship, larger than the Nightrunner, emerges out of hyperspace, only to find the destroyed Zann Consortium ship's remains . In the main observation deck, there are numerous figures working on the various control panels, and out of these, there are three that stand out: Bardos the Verpine of the Techno Union and his Wookie Pal, and a third figure who lurks in the shadows behind them.
"Well, that was a waste of credits..." Bardos stated in a plain manner, his green hands tapping mindlessly. "More expenses I'll be forced to deduct..."
"No...we'll recover the camera footage -- it's not impossible in these situations -- and I'll review every one of their flaws. I always find them. And then I'll show you how to disable them in one quick strike. And you'll get your chip and I'll get the funds I need to eliminate my target," the figure in the back said with a small, gleeful grin. He quickly removed his large frame and blue skin from the bridge to get ready for the retrieval efforts.
As he left, the Wookie screamed at the Verpine. Bardos responded as he reviewed some data. "Yes, I know of your disapproval. I know that wretched man has killed scores of your kind in his mad pursuit, along with mine. But he is among the best, and we can't afford to lose them. If we can catch up..." The Wookie shook his head negatively at this, his roar shaking the ship's walls.
This made Bardos pause for a moment... Verpine are not very strong, after all. "Well... after our agreement is completed, let's say you can do what you want with him. Agreed?" The Wookie bellowed in approval. "Good," Bardos continued. "Take Doji and Ponce with you to help him in the efforts, all right?" The Wookie left like a good mate, a mate that had a life-debt to him.
Still, Bardos sighed. "I can't blame him," he thought to himself. "The idea of working with the great terrorist of our era.... the very definition of terror himself. The mighty Joklo..."
Oooh, the mighty Joklo! This is about to get even more serious. I like how you keep updating the PC descriptions in the "Meet the PC's" section, so keep it up!
ReplyDeleteGlad you approve Jon! I thought you might appreciate Joklo (:
ReplyDeleteas always if there's anything you want to see during the game or in the blog just let me know (and don't worry your military angle has not been forgotten!)
Yes, I caught the reference when the Viceroy mentioned a Ki Tal in the military who saved his cousin or something. Though now (OOC) I am much more worried about Bardos' intentions knowing that he has allied with Joklo.
ReplyDelete