((You arranged a secure call with the help of Jay Cordon to Master Frey of Hellska Academy. After two rings or so, you see/hear Master Frey pick up the, uh, "phone". He looks a bit... disgruntled as you ring. "Tav... Sseyax... I've heard your message. It is... most disturbing," Frey begins to say in his public office, hands folded together, eyes at a slight squint.
Sseyax folded her arms. "It's about time you picked up, Frey. We'll never get out of this mess if we have to play phone tag. so what are we supposed to do about this?"
"You are to be very cautious... you must not be caught, you must not lose the lead that you have acquired. The ones who chase the fallen are after you because of your mission and goals. You must stay calm."
"Why would anyone care about our mission?" Sseyax scoffed. "The Inquisitors who tried to kill us didn't even seem to know us. I think they're after us because of this stupid old chip we picked up." She will describe the old chip but not how they got it.
"A chip is just a chip," Frey laughed at this explanation. "Listen, as you are all aware, we as Jedi are to control our passions and prejudices to maintain tranquility and not have any unneeded ego." A pause. "You also know that this is all but impossible to eliminate. The countless fights you had with Nagatha should be proof of that."
Sseyax snorted. "Nagatha. That fuzzball's here too, like he'll be any help. I put him in his place. But listen, Frey, I don't know what you're trying to say. What makes you so sure they're after us because of the quest you gave us? Have people been bothering you?"
"Not yet, though I will have to be wary of other academies now. That first message will be found at some point. Data is never really deleted. What I am trying to say, my padawans, is that there are those in the council who are afraid of what you seek, afraid of how it may change the dynamic of the galaxy. It has changed so much lately. All they seek now is stability. And so if a few padawans here or there must fall, they will do that. Especially Petro and now Gunner. They are afraid, padawans, afraid! You know what that means."
"Yeah, it means we get screwed, as usual. If that guy with the crazy scars was Gunner, then we're gonna have at least one Master after us and still no one who'll listen to reason. How are we supposed to clear our name if we're ordered killed on sight?"
"I... do have some friends in high places. I will work on that for all of our sakes. But surely you realize the importance of your undertaking. I sent the two of you on this mission as I know you are my most able and capable fighters. You must not lose your hope. Journey still with your crew, stay alive, and at the end a great reward will await! But you must fight for your survival for now. I will not abandon you, my padawans."
"Aww, you're gonna make me cry, Frey," Sseyax grinned, showing her sharp reptilian teeth. "We're on top of things. You just make sure you have that lightsaber ready for me when it's over." The trandoshan paused. "Hey... where do you stand on taking on older padawans? Like, 12, I think? He'd really fit the bill for a Jedi, far as I can tell."
"If you feel he may be a candidate, take him with you. If he survives then I will see. Do as you like with him, though. Now, unless there is anything else..."
"So I guess we just keep running for our lives. I just hope that Gunner and Ayla and them aren't acting as crazy as you think they are, and not just 'cause I'd like to survive this mess. I'd rather not think the Jedi Masters are so..." She let the thought trail off, shaking her head.
"Not all, not all. But some, some are. Just remember: trust yourself, trust your partner, trust me, and never trust Petro and Gunner. Wait at least two weeks before contact again. May the Force be with you..."
The phone dies. Silence echoes against the plain hollow walls. Darkness abounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment